Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reading Week

We had a week off school in February. I always love the opportunity to get away but we decided to sit this week-off out ... at home... for fun!
It was relaxing.
Chase realized the floor isn't fun to crawl on with bare skin. So he did the bear crawl.
We took the gang sledding. Pictures like this definitely make us look like a gang. It was difficult finding snow for sledding. But the temperatures were balmy and wonderful for long stretches outdoors.





We all know Sadie is an inexperienced GT snowracer driver. I was nervous with her going by herself and because Logan has a little bit of that in me: he volunteered to run beside.
Sadie would always naturally turn backwards when she was on the sled by herself.

Sadie left her cookie on the floor. This cookie's main ingredients are cocoa, oatmeal and peanut butter. Guess who found it?! As we slowly introduce all foods to Chase, he chooses to introduce a couple of his own. And, he loved it.
"Hey, I want my cookie back?"
Sadie hatched a dinosaur. The twins continually asked if it was going to be a real dinosaur. Wishful thinking on their part.
Sadie, looking a little rough in the hair dressing department.
Then it was off to TELUS Spark! We paid a fairly large sum of money to enter the science centre so we made a Very Long Day of it.








Quinten was so proud of his work he insisted on bringing it home. Even though his work was supposed to be attached to a black and white collage, for future display. His fish could have been famous! but he chose to bring it home.
Colby generously donated though




Sketch your buddy's face:
Sadie will grow to be one well versed woman.

Trained in interegation (a.k.a. The Staring Contest which she always won)

Performing Arts
Clothing Design - she spent an hour here and loved every minute of it.
And last but not least; The Mad Scientist.
This station allowed the kids to break electronics apart and rebuild whatever their imagination would allow. The boys loved this.
Then we were off to the Feature Presentation Theatre where Quinten was the helpful assistant and Star of the Show.
In order to be an assistant he had to commit to also being a "Brave Soul."


We completed our 2 months of evening skating lessons. I will likely never register our kids for this class again because the weather will never be as favorable as it was this year. It was so nice having another excuse to get outdoors.

And the process of packing something as we spend half our week in the country and half in the city.

Funny story: the stainless steel bowl contains a lesson in fabric dying. I have never done this until now. The boys needed pink shirts for anti-bullying day at school. I searched everywhere and could not find pink shirts for them. SO, I bought white shirts and asked the lady in the craft section of Walmart if they sold fabric dye. Which they don't.

I drove over to Michaels (the craft store) and in the same aisle as the fabric dye were blank t-shirts of every color - even pink. I had already prewashed my white shirts .... so ... there was no other option but to continue with the plan to dye the already purchased t-shirts.

But that's not all. One week later I was in Walmart for yet another initiative. In one of their aisles next to crafts they also had blank t-shirts in every color (including pink).

And so, I realized just how much more complicated our pink shirts were to prepare for this school event.

To understand the story behind the pink shirt, click here: http://www.pinkshirtday.ca/about/
The finished products:
We are 100% in support of NO Bullying!

Finally, it was 'Family Favorite Food' Day at Sadie's school. We prepared Belgian waffles, whip cream and mixed berries. Sadie was proud.
Parents were allowed to stay and sample all the wonderful food. It's so nice to work for our kids and celebrate with them together. Although I feel like I'm living in one of the more challenging stages of my life as a Mother. I am continually reminded about how I'm doing exactly what I always imagined I would be doing. And with that, I'm living my dream.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Seriously... You are my hero! I have no clue how you do what you do! Thanks the inspiration!