I signed up to decorate 2 events on the same weekend. They were labor intensive jobs and they just happened to fall on an evening of working in our frozen tundra. The roads were the biggest challenge but we survived!
And it was all worth it because one of those events had this little Princess admiring her date for the evening.
The 2nd annual Daddy Daughter Princess Ball
Sadie found these lovely stuffies. I would not let her buy them SO... then next best alternative is to take a picture.
Our Saturday adventure consists of multiple games of basketball. How many boys does it take to carry the sports bag?
As a lead in to the Christmas Season we had the opportunity to feed the farm animals. Multiple miniture horses, a handful of regular sized horses and 1 donkey. It felt mildly festive.
Chase caught my eye when I saw him set-up to sit still and actually watch TV. He never sat through a program until now!The fall out from a party with 26 princesses in attendance included many gifts. Sadie carefully divided her gifts. One pile to celebrate her very special day and the other to donate to little girls who are less fortunate. I really loved seeing her perspective and generosity as she worked through this process.
I took this as a sign to action!
So we left the city for the Remembrance Day long weekend. We are still in 100% work mode. But we see the vision for a relaxing future and that's what keeps us motivated to continue.
There is nothing relaxing about lake living right now. On this particular weekend, the weather was mild when we arrived. By the 2nd day, a blizzard and -17 temps rolled in. This may not have impact on cabin goers. But for us, we were madly insulating and quickly feeling the discomfort and vulnerability in not having the job complete. If that's not motivation to finish the job then I don't know what is!
We also have to pack our own water to flush the toilet. Hey! at least we have a toilet. I just remember not being able to feel my fingers by the time I got back inside with the full jug.
And finally, we cook on the camp stove in the garage - which is not heated might I add. Boiling water to wash dishes is a fun exercise. I always wonder if I can bring the water to the appropriate temperature as the surrounding room temp is fighting against the process.
This is a picture of the lake the evening we arrived.
Upon our return home - we drove straight into Fatburger and sat down for a hot meal while we thawed out. It was a real comfort to me. The kids loved it too.
Tuesday nights keep us in the car as we run boys back and forth to activities. I decided to switch routine up and tour showhomes with an hour we had to kill. Chase LOVED it. He continues to ask when we can go again. Exploring fun themed rooms is always an enjoyment.
We took a ladies trip out to the Millerville Christmas Fair/Market. After our time there we visited my cousin's beautiful home nestled in the foothills. Where moose and cougars wander her property. I love that her immediate yard is protected with fencing. That's probably the only way to live there and feel comfortable letting your pets and children outside.
I love getting a beautiful vantage point of our downtown. I may obey laws of not using my phone while driving. But it doesn't stop me from taking pictures.
Finally, when Sadie received the donation of her beautiful bedroom suite. We knew there would no longer be room for a brother to share with her. So we created, as Logan perfectly defined it, The Triple Room. On the left you will find William's quarter.
On the right, you will find Logan and Chase. It's not a showhome. But it's our home. It's always fun making it functional.









No comments:
Post a Comment