Monday, August 23, 2010

Lake Five

We ventured out again. Some might wonder why we would choose to take 7 people, crammed into 150 square feet (maybe less), with limited showers, increased access to dirt and the choice to wash all dishes by hand.

This is why:




Movies











Waterfights



























Games















My favorite piece of equipment growing up. I can't believe we found one that still exists.






















































Fun with friends. They coincidentally arrived at the same campground. We sent the parents shopping so we could stay back and play with the kids. They thought they had the better deal. We're not so sure.



























Faces





































We almost lost Will off the dock on this one.




Fun with glowsticks







Prep for our family softball tournment.







In order to maintain our stay in this campground we had to move 3 times through the course of 6 days.
This was site #1 backing onto the lake

Campfire by the lake too.


Lazy days of summer
Our second site. The best of all. Tonnes of space and better access to the water.


Our third site was major manouvering to back in past the dumpster. But Ryan proved to be a pro. I rarely give up .... But I was willing to on this task.
We made it in. Tucked nicely into the trees.


All of this: is the reason why .... we do it.

4 comments:

brooke said...

it looks like you had so much fun and I am so jealous! I just love Lake Five and haven't been for years!

The Five Jacksons said...

what a fun looking holiday! Beautiful pictures

Anonymous said...

I certainly wasn't wondering why you go away - your amazing family would be so fun. Although I totally want to go with you if you make a habit of babysitting other people's kids:)

Mackenzie Richards said...

Those glow stick pictures are pretty cool. And so fun that there is a slide at the lake! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!