Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Dozen Days

Thank you to the 2 good friends who opened my understanding of what I've truly got going on. Namely: Half a Dozen KiDs!! Yikes. When you say it like that, it suddenly becomes a little overwhelming.

So here's how we've spent a dozen days with half a dozen kids.

Sadie had her first playdate! Not only her first playdate BUT her first playdate without Mom. Not only that, but her playdate picked her up and took her away. Her initial reaction to the news was rather reserved. But 1 minute of digestion and she grabbed a fun skirt and waited on the front step for her ride to arrive.

Her return home was the cutest of all. She ran in the front door saying, "MOM, that was WAY fun!"

New phrases, new experiences, newly independant.



Another trip to view inline skating. This time to watch the Grade 2 class. With the tunes pumping and kids racing around the gym ... Chase assumed the position. I attempted to protect him by partially sliding him under the bench. It didn't stop one student from running into his car seat ... but he wasn't phased. Here are my other friends to accompany our viewing experience.



Our big outings mean a definite need for rest when we return home :)




I think they look alike here. Tee Hee.

My little Linebacker.
We spend a consistent amount of time cuddling. When he's awake he's super bright. When he's alseep, he sleeps for 4 to 5 hours. Equivalent to an entire morning of running errands. All while he sleeps in his carseat. As expected, he does not like his bath. Thank you to Will for being my photographer. This position settled him down. Such a cute little man.I liked this picture because Chase is wearing Will's onesie. AND because photographer Will is attempting to settle Chase after his bath.I doubt we'll ever tire of our evening snuggles.
So, on Tuesday evenings I load up the half a dozen and take them to Will's soccer. The mosquitos are terrible and the weather is cool. I wrap the little man to protect him against the elements. I carry out 2 camping chairs. When I realize the elements are too much for Chase to handle, I carry him back to the car. Here's his little resting space on the passenger seat while I gather all the items to pack back into the car.
Here's his awake moment as he gazes out the window. Finally, on one particular morning, Chase staked a claim on my pillow. His hands were little icicles when I pulled him out of his bed. He slept in on this particular morning. Cozy and warm. That's how we like it.



These dozen days have been lovely, memorable and unique. All thanks to our new little buddy.

Colby calls him Chasey.
Sadie continually says, "He's so cute - Is he?"
Logan is happy to pull him out of bed when he wakes.
Quinten's phrase, "Hi Little Bud." followed by a kiss.
Will is always kissing him. The best experience was will watching America's Funniest Home videos while cuddling Chase. Chase slept through 3 position changes Will initiated AND through Will gut laughing at the show.

2 comments:

Mackenzie Richards said...

How cute is Sadie? And I love her face in your new family photo. I'll have to come pick her up for a play date too since she liked it so much!

Brian and Emily said...

So cute Jenn, what a sweet little man you've got there! I think I want to steal him!! Makes me a little baby hungry I have to admit!!
You are amazing!!