Saturday, November 09, 2013

October Awesomeness

Logan qualified for the Divisional Cross Country Race by placing 2nd at school. So here he is, at the meet.
Off he goes.


Coming into the finish. Logan placed 14th.
 
After his run, we visited Grandma and Grandpa's and captured this sweet moment in time.
 

We harvested our garden. This was the first result of the dig. This made me laugh. Nothing after it even compared.

 
Right before Thanksgiving, it looked like Christmas. Our first snowfall of the season.

Heather and Brad got hitched. It was a fun evening with a gorgeous couple.


Here is a really fun wedding activity they had planned for their guests. This is Grampa Palmer and Grandma Val.
 
My littles danced the night away.
 
My wedding takedown crew. Ready to work.

 
October was the new July. I was completely booked up with weddings. I worked so diligently to make these all happen (while maintaining a household) that I thought I was going to pass out. We set-up 7 weddings in 3 weekends (and that did not include some events that picked up to set-up themselves). August and September were so quiet. Then October came in with a fury. Here's some of the work.
The most beautiful ceiling I've ever photographed.
 40 Lanterns from the ceiling.
 The first ceiling installed into a hotel.
 This bride LOVES Halloween. And it came through in her event, wouldn't you agree?
 
A Fiesta Theme for Heather and Brad. 
 
The Most Backdrop Panels installed into one room. 75 feet in total. 
 
What a better way to top off 3 weeks of hard work but by taking a road trip to Montana to see the fall colors. 

 
 


 

I tried my best to merge two pictures together to get a panoramic shot.

 The weather was cool....So we bundled up, hung out in the beauty of nature



 A Family Hike. Waiting for Chase, we all look down the hill. Leaving the poor little guy behind.
 
Sadie, leading the gang. 


 Will practicing axing a tree.


 and a family picture.
 
An announcement went out through e-mail. 4 weeks until our Volleyball tournament. AND finally, because wedding season has concluded, I could attend an evening of recreation with the ladies. I was SO excited! 1 hour later, I found myself here:

 
The result: My first broken bone. A broken ankle. The instructions: 4 days off my foot, and 4 weeks in a walking cast. Hey! That's just enough time to recover before the tournament! Except the doctor has advised against it.


2 days later we had a Halloween Dance Party to attend. I took my doctor with me and we danced the night away. Me on one leg and him, having removed half his costume.

 
Six days later....we were back!
This time, for Chase who was fighting an infection.
After our visit we walked home. It was a sweet quiet walk with just the two of us. It was nice watching Chase explore the newly fallen snow along the sidewalk.
 
 
 
I taught this little man to drive (in the country). And he is a likely alternative to his Mom who is driving around with her left foot. Shhh, it's totally easy. Anyone can do it (if they have to).

 
3 houses burnt down in our community so the neighborhood sold pumpkins to raise money for the families. We got our load. I was apprehensive about the quantity we'd be signed up to carve.


Here's what 5 cleaned out pumpkins have to contribute to a kitchen table. The 6th went to Will's classroom for a school assignment.

 
 

 
Sadie's friend asked her to dress in her Strawberry Costume for her classroom dress up day. That means her Fairy Witch costume which I had originally planned had no use. I was sad. I brought it to the school in hopes to talk her out of her Strawberry. As luck would have it, there was one little girl who didn't have a costume to wear. Her Mom had forgotten to send it. I offered her Sadie's costume and she was glowing. All things happen for a reason. Here are Sadie's two costumes of 2013.

 The Kindergarten class all dressed up.


Halloween night weather proved to be very delightful.
 
Here's what our little Trick or Treater's looked like this season.
Strawberry, Dragon, Luke Skywalker, Mad Scientist, Toad (from Mario Bros), and Rubik's Cube. I might add, I totally cashed in on treats having 6 out Trick or Treatin'.
 
All the Pumpkins. Individually designed and created. Quinten's was the most creative, most amazing and naturally, also smashed on the kitchen floor before it could make it to the front step.

 
Happy Halloween!



 

No comments: