On the night before [Back to] School our family went out on a bike hike. We stopped at a park and had a picnic dinner. The highlight was definitely watching Chase managing his responsibility of carrying the leftovers home.
Back to School 2013
The first day of Kindergarten for her. She did not look back.
Logging my contribution to the school.
And then there was one. Pinch me. How could all these little people have brought me to just having one at home?
Atta Boy!
Running in the touchdown.
While Logan played Flag Football William, Colby and Quinten practiced for their Cross Country racing skills. Their first race resulted in 4th place, 7th place and NOT last. Some of us are not naturally talented in running. And isn't it inspiring that they would continue to try through practice and competition. Character is built more through trying than through winning. And with that, look at my winners.
Colby
Colby in for the finish
Quinten
Quinten giving it his all.
Quinten in for the finish
William (getting squeezed out on the start line).Off to a good starting pace.
Coming in for the finish at Race 2
In for the finish at Race 1
Race #3. Quinten and Colby arrived late for their race. So they ran with the Grade above (which also has a longer length to run). I was shocked when I saw how quickly Quinten came in, in the line of runners. Colby was right on his tail. In the background (Red Deer Lake): I used to run Cross Country through the lake bed. Looks like that's not possible any more.
Here are the Grade 3s running with the Grade 4s. Just as I stated above. Such a good long run boys.

The day was SO cold. Will had two hoodies on. And at the end, this is how he was found; packing wardrobe to the finish and outrunning his competitor. I love his heart.


Logan had a bit of a delayed start.
While Logan was off racing Chase was high fiving the Grade 8s and 9s (and signing autographs). Because he is that popular.
He was also crossing the road and running through the bushes. He was so mobile I almost missed the finish.
And here he comes!
Proud Moment.
Second Place.
Cousins gathered together...
The funniest moment I noticed is when the boys found a trolley and (seemingly pressured) got Cooper to sit on it while they sent him free rolling down the parking lot hill. Quite a sight, seeing big boys sacrifice the younger one. We have been respectfully uninvited. We don't wonder why.
Great Grampa's Eightieth Birthday. Par-tay!This actually happened. Our 5 boys showed up to watch HER play ball. She's wearing her big brother's shoes. Literally.
We delivered bags to 365 houses in 1.5 hours. Many hands make for light work. On the following Saturday, we then picked up food donations from these houses for the Calgary Interfaith food bank.
We all worked our tails off to complete our Reno house. It sold exactly 2 weeks after listing. We were on vacation at the time. We told the kids when we returned we would go for dinner to celebrate. Quinten and Colby said they haven't had Lobster in forever. So, Red Lobster was our destination.
We had a fun and messy feast.
Sadie celebrated her 5th Birthday! But as of November she has yet to have a party because we have not had one free weekend.
Colby and Quinten were baptized September 21, 2013. It was such a special day.
Colby said he felt good. Quinten said he felt great! They are such sweet and fun boys.
Here is the display of desserts for the family dinner after. I think the kids liked it.
As we drove on the Highway, we saw something that can be classified as 'something you don't see every day.'
And, this is a big one!: While Logan was at Basketball practice the remaining kids and I visited Canada Target for the first time!
This Handsome Fellow turned 12. I really love the young man he is growing into. A true gentleman, fun loving big brother and all round athlete.
Finally, the Grand Finale for September:
After visiting Montana for the past 5 years, touring RV Parks, Campgrounds and State Parks we found the perfect little place that we plan to return to every year. Here is a picture of our first visit together as a family.
A peaceful forest for the kids to explore in.
The kids made a fire pit.
And we all gathered 'round.
Logan picked the site for the campfire. A protected location nestled in the woods. It was perfect. We are so happy to have found this perfect piece of nature. We adore Montana and all the beauty it has to offer.



































1 comment:
Holy moly, Jenn, you have been one busy lady! Although, with 6 kids, I imagine there's little downtime.
I loved the photos of the weddings, especially the one of the ceiling. Gorgeous. You do an amazing job, and deserve a lot of credit.
And what rotten luck about your ankle! I hadn't heard the story of how it happened, and what a story! I love your heart and how you wanted to compete in the tournament. Classic.
Post a Comment