Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CR Creatures

We have learned a little more about Quinten and his passion for ridding the earth of unnecessary bugs. Not only does he hunt them down and stomp on them but he also dismembers them with the quantity of times he stomps. He has also been known to seek and achieve with his own bare hands and squish them between his fingers. Of course, I'm speaking of ants which are predominantly innocent. Then Daddy points out a cute little frog he finds hopping along the patio and everyone is focused on studying it's features, when out of the darkness Quinten arrives. And with one swift stop, the cute little frog is no more. I believe we will be needing to send our preciously sensitive Will to therapy and Quinten to study the difference between pests and friends.


As I swung the gate open to the complex I happened to do it overly aggressive this one afternoon. Of course, the day I'm less gentle also happens to be the day that someone is hanging on for dear life. This guy (lizard/mini iguana/not really sure) was so entertaining because as I moved around to attempt to get a good picture, he also moved around ensuring the post was between me and him. He honestly believed the post would hide him.






















This spider was very large and very scarey. Ryan and I had the boys in bed and were happily trying to get a picture of an armadillo when we came across this guy. Coincidentally it was shortly after my comments on whether we were nieve to be running around in the dark. None the less, we were set in our place after I took pictures and Ryan tried to change the spider's position (to get a better view) by poking at it. Surprisingly, not all creatures are as scared of you, as you are of them. This crazy spider started chasing after us. Soon after, he lost his fight with a dust pan.



















Our favorite friend the gecko. I can't say anything negative about these guys. They are cute and helpful because they eat bugs.


















This Iguana was not threatened by us. It's the closest of many we saw. One day, on our way home, from one of our many visits to the Mini Super for ice cream, we counted 8 Iguanas as we drove no more than 3 kms.





The Howler monkies arrived in the trees above Mom and Dad's place for dinner one evening. They make the most wretched noise. I'm glad the boys had an opportunity to hear it while they were still awake ... or it may have seriously frightened them. Then! the next day we were driving home from the surf board shop and we passed them close to the teak tree farm. Low and behold were two VERY cute twin babe monkies swinging on a branch (together) just above the road. Of course, this was the day I didn't bring my camera. Sigh.





















This is the most focussed picture I could get of our friend the scorpion. I have no idea why my camera was not cooperating. Just the evening before this picture was taken - Dad (my Dad) was walking at night, barefoot and outside! when he was bit by one. Perhaps this is the same guy. If so, Dad got his revenge.

1 comment:

The Five Jacksons said...

Hilarious commentary. Thanks for making me laugh. I can just imagine you and Ryan leaping and screaming in search of a weapon of murder for that poor little spider. I see where Quinten gets his thirst for blood! Ha Ha! Just joking
Love Jadi