Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CR Fun ~ Mid Vacation


We drove to Santa Cruz (a 40 minute drive) to attend the market on Saturday. It was HOT. The twins have a few new words they've learned along the trip.
Bumpy: In reference to the roads
Empty: In reference to the 18 litre water jug we drain every day and a half.
Lunch: In reference to ALWAYS wanting to eat.
Swimming: In reference to the obvious.

Regardless of the road conditions, the little boys still managed to fall asleep on the way home from the market.




















Local fisherman at sunset



















Sunsets I can't get enough of them







































We found another fun beach which was tame for the twins to play around in. They have been quite nervous around the big surf until now. This is another good snorkeling area. But even better, it has lots of little pools where the boys can get views of fish on their own.

















I was so proud of Logan I had to share these two pictures. He's caring for Colby.




































A morning walk to the beach



















This overly large tree at the top of the picture is where monkies like to hang out. Haven't seen any here this year though. However, I was able to get a good picture of them in the tree right above our place just before dinner this evening. I hope to post it soon.






















This is the first time being here, that I've ever seen clouds in the sky. That's why we thought it would be a little better day for a walk. The temperature is only 32 degrees as opposed to 35 (registered in the shade).























Did I say morning walk .... I really should have said RUN.




















Colby and Dad























The boys are fascinated by a hermit crab that can't find a hole to hide. They walk him around and chase him around and are amazed at how long he stays visible. Yes, we also had to warn Quinten not to step on him.

















Here he is. This is the best I could do.


















More walking....and yes, we do have a destination, can you guess?

















Careful, Colby and Dad.

























Logan and Will


















The only figures you see on the beach are from our family. I continue to find this amazing. This is one of the features I love most of CR. Miles and miles of beach to yourself.
















I also love pictures of the surf.


















Still more.

























Alas, we've arrived at our destination: The Mini Super. The closest access to the best ice cream I've ever tasted. Did I mention that freezies are 10 cents? This was Colby and Quinten's choice for the day.




















All Ticos LOVE to see our boys. I think it's the fair complextion and the blue eyes.























A snack in front of the Mini Super.

















And then, back to the beach for our hike back.

















Quinten finds a few rocks along the way that he wants to throw in the ocean.






















Back to the surf.


















I think they may be as intrigued as I.

















Colby























The boys inching their way closer. (The curl)

















(The break)





















Every hard working 2.5 year old needs to work out to keep up their stamina.
Quinten and Colby in the gym.



















Straight from the pool to the gym. Check out those muscles on Quinten.


















Colby started this "new idea" and was pretty proud of himself.


















Meanwhile, Logan continues his holiday long love affair with water. Whether it's the pool or the ocean, he's always in.




















Will is our new found fish this year.










2 comments:

carly said...

Looks so FUN!! your boys are sure cute!!

The Five Jacksons said...

Beautiful pictures Jenn, both of the view and the adorable, little guys (and big guy - what a good dad). There is a lack of pictures of the female gender. You need to pass the camera to Ryan so I can see you relaxed and suntanned! Keep having fun. We love you
Jadi and fam