Friday, February 19, 2010

Find Me HERE!

It's been a long haul (as we developed our basement). A work in progress (as we organize spaces). A practice in patience (as we lived among clutter) And ongoing ... as we wait for finishing touches.

I did not take a picture of the yucky undeveloped space BUT here is what it looked like the day the carpet was installed in September 2008. STAGE 1



Stage 2: November 2008
Stage 3: February 2010 : This is where you'll find me


A close-up on some new pieces. I have never spent SO much time chillin' AND watching olympics. (If you look in the background; leaning against the wall are the boxes for our wet bar. Hence, work in progress)



I'm going to try and dig up pictures of the boxes and boxes of scrapbooking supplies before I loaded into the glass cabinet & on neighboring bookshelf. All kids toys are in the cube cabinet.



NOW this is another work in progress. After hiring an alcoholic tile installer that had NO skill ... we literally boarded up the door and cried for 6 months. Then we called a VERY great friend with AMAZING talent to fix the job.


Here's a beautiful picture of a beautiful steam shower. But that's all it is; a picture. The plumbing is NOT complete. I AM a patient person BUT if I have to go another winter staring at this seemingly beautiful IDEA of a steam shower I *think* I'm going to have steam coming out my ears.
Hence, a practice in patience ... and a work in progress.

3 comments:

brooke said...

wow, it's gorgeous!!! and SO organized.

Leigh said...

The couch looks amazing as does the room with all the organization!! Dad will be so jealous of the new couch!! as will I, we may have to come over for a movie nite and not leave!!

Leigh said...

I sure hope you were curled up in the couch watching the hockey game tonight!!! What a good game..only cause we came out on top.. know I would feel different if the out come was different!!!