Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hodge Podge

I secretly wish I could have lived back in the day.

Mom reminded me that I should speak to two items:
We were on a field trip to Fort Calgary. So great!

AND

The little boy in the picture is actually smaller than Will! Who knew it was possible? I was in charge of the cutest kids in the bunch. Such a fun day.



As I'm making dinner this evening I hear Quinten: "Oh! We forgot to vacuum!" Colby: "Yeh, let's vacuum" NOT because this is their assigned chore but because they had discussed it in the car on their way home from school.
Of couse, what you should also need to know is that I've been getting VERY frustrated with my repeated requests on direct instruction. I actually feel out of breath asking multiple times for them to get their coats and boots on, etc. etc. SO, every day I remove an item of importance to them. However, they have an opportunity to "earn it back." I believe this was their determination to butter me up. It TOTALLY worked when these dedicated souls dug into the pantry, totally cleaned it out to vacuum in and around corners. I was tripping all over while trying to make dinner but I didn't complain one word. I really admired the team effort.


EVERACTIVE OLYMPIC Day.
A day of juggling:
The school organized the Skate Shack to deliver extra skates and helmets to the rink for kids who didn't have their own. Will was the first group to skate so we arrived to help tie. 4 of us Canadians waited for Will to arrive and soon found out the Skate Shack delivered to the wrong rink and the bus due to pick Will up arrived at the wrong campus. As a result Will did not get to skate. *tear*
I left to run some errands and returned an hour later to help Logan's class. Only to find out that Will was on the ice! Super Phys-Ed teacher Mr. Shaw had rescheduled every class so they all had the opportunity to skate. Unfortunately, I arrived to late to get pictures. BUT then, due to the rescheduling....we had to wait 1.5 hours for Logan to arrive. *sigh*
So we did.
The time finally arrived:
The Audience
The ridiculously tired and ticking time bomb.
On a lighter note:
Miss Sadie benefitted from receiving her first night gown. It will fit her when she's 2. I had to try it on her though. WELL! I didn't realize it until Ryan mentioned it BUT she loved the feel of the ruffles on her ankles. The boys turned on music AND....
This little lady did pirouettes for 30 minutes. NO exaggeration.
(the wrestling in the background is because; Quinten would not stop hugging and hanging from Sadie. SO Will came to the rescue to let the girl do her thing. He pinned Quinten down and thankfully I was able to snap a picture. Hung and hang does not make for a pretty picture. But I'll have to snap one of that too someday.)

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Love all of the Hodge Podge There is actually someone smaller than Will in his class? The old cars and trains are so neat.. where was this.. And the twins, cleaning!! so Cute. I love you never said anything, let them go to work and you worked around them. You can see the pile right in front of the Stove.. tough making dinner, but what is more important!! Glad that Will did get to skate, I know he hates missing out on anything!! and The viewing gallery is great in the Canada hoody's? And Sadie and her Pirouettes.. SOOOO Cute!! as she is in her new nightgown!! With the boys wrestling in the back ground!! Oh cant wait to see them all!!!

Leigh said...

Hey Ryan, Looks like you are getting the wall unit done upstairs too.. send more pictures of It! looks great! from what I can see.

Mackenzie Richards said...

Its funny how girls get a 'dress' on and just know what to do hey? I think it is so good for boys to have sisters. Just wait til she's a teenager, NO BOY will dare come callin'!! Four older brothers PLUS Dad! I feel sorry for her already :)

Dorienne said...

Love it! Girls are girls....they love to dress up and twirl!