At times, in the park, it feels like we`re a part of a very small world with a very large amount of people. Here`s Main Street on Monday night, just as we were leaving to get dinner at 7:30 pm. But among the crowds, we are still able to find the magic Disney is known for.

We ARE our own attraction at the park, all suited up in our Canada sweaters. Now this, is a good way to meet great people. One gentleman from San Francisco travels to the Calgary Stampede every summer and then up to Edmonton for Clondike Days. By the way, our sweaters are only needed first thing in the morning for our 7 am entrance time. AND after 7 pm as the sun has set and we are waiting for evening entertainment. Otherwise, the weather has been wonderfully warm. I think I should start hoping for rain ... I hear that can scare some of the crowd away.

Quinten found a decorative section within some lattice and said he wanted to build himself into a picture. Job well done, Mr. Creativity.

Surprisingly, along with the crowds, most people riding the rides are adults. It`s sort of annoying actually - holding Sadie in long lines waiting for the adults to have their turn. I thought this was supposed to be a park for the kids. But I`ve come to realize that some of us will always have a little kid inside. And that`s okay too - I suppose.

Our little tea cup ride. Sadie referenced having a Tea Party. I have NO idea where this came from as we`ve never spoken of any such idea in our own household.

Ryan says that Sadie is going to be such a Tom Boy. But I think she`s helping her older brothers explore their softer side. Some day they are going to be Very frustrated when I show this picture to all their friends.

And yet another.

Toontown is one of my favorites. I think it would be fun to live in a cartoon world. The kids had fun there.

Will did some weight lifting.

So dreams do come true. Will gains strength and Sadie explores her feminine side.

She`s also in awe of the characters she knows.

I liked Pluto`s dog tag myself.


And some things simply cannot be planned. Who knew we`d get front row position to a Mary Poppins presentation as we were walking through the street. This was pretty magical for Sadie.

We attended a Jedi Training Seminar for the boys. Little did we know, that Quinten and Colby would be selected to be participants for the audience to view as they receive direct training. They followed a very specific set of steps in their training.

Sometimes, their Light Sabres had technical difficulties which gave the presentation a slight bit of humor. And it was at about this point that Ryan and I were thinking ... really ... this is sort of boring.

All of the sudden the stage rises, a fog appears and the mood music sounds. It`s at this point that Sadie is digging her nails into her Dad`s arm.

And the boys: They`re thinking: Oh Man, What the heck did I sign up for?

One by one, each trainee is put to the Ultimate test. He must battle Darth Vader. This is Colby.

This is Quinten.

Darth Vader requests the trainees join him on the dark side. When they refuse, he is turned away.

The completion of the training ceremony

The proud Graduates. AND that, is why Disney makes dreams come true. (For Sadie, it might be nightmares .... but we hope she`ll get through it.)
And trust me, dreams don`t just come true for the kids. They happen to serve the adults just fine also. This is the California Screamin`Ride. It looks kinda tame to me (sense a slight bit of sarcasm)....but not tame enough that I`d be permitted to ride.


California Adventure Park at night.
5 comments:
Jenn, your holiday looks SO fun!! The kids are adorable and you guys are packing it all in! I'm so impressed (as always) with you!
SO FUN!!! You're bringing back so many memories for me... of only a few months ago. I just wish I was as good at recording them as you are!
looks like you're having such a good time. I love how you post daily. i find it so overwhelming when i come home to try to post about everything.
It looks like you're having SO much fun! The picture of Sadie with Pluto's hand on her head is so cute, and I bet Colby and Quinnten just loved the Jedi training! Travel home safe and enjoy the last days of warmth!
Jealous jealous jelous!!!!!!! How fun!!!
Post a Comment