Saturday, April 02, 2011

Trip Analysis

At this point in the trip Colby and Will are asking for a day they can just stay back and play in the hotel room with their $2.99 Lego men. I found a beautiful resort on the ocean and told the boys if I had KNOWN better then their wish would be granted. BUT since we're in a much tighter space I reminded him that there are many more interesting backgrounds to work with.

In hindsight. We should have swapped days 1 and 2. And Days 3 and 4. That would have been ideal. Sea World has been quoted as being "dead" on the day Legoland opened Star Wars to the public. I also imagine Legoland would have been "dead" the day before their grand opening equipped with News crews and all.


Day 3 was smokin' hot at the zoo. And Day 4 was cloudy and cool for the beach. I guess nothing can be perfect. It's still been a great experience in a beautiful city.


For your entertainment: here is a picture of our room (in full). Colby is sitting on the bed he shares with Quinten.


And in the seperate space at the back of our hotel room is a sofa/ hide-a-bed.


Here's a close-up of it. The space is shared by Logan, Will and Sadie (in the pack n' play). Definitely a step down from where we were in Vegas. And the crazy part is that it's more expensive than Vegas.If I'd done better research then this is where we would be ... maybe next time. :)



Logan wants to have a day to just swim in the pool.

We told him that we would forgo our other 6 day pass to Sea World, our other 1 day pass to Legoland and Sea Life Park to go to the beach! His response was, "okay but there will be NO walking on the beach." At first I was a little confused ... so I asked why? To which he responded, "BECAUSE I'm tired of walking!"

Good times, good times.

I also apologize for sounding negative about Legoland. I really think it's a great place to visit....IF the crowds could have been reduced. AND if you had the typical million dollar family instead of 5 little kids trying to ride the rides with 1 Parent. Let me tell you, I would go on the rides...but am fearful of being rejected because I don't fit :)

To Mom: I have 2 pictures taken of me. One is found in the Legoland digging for fossils section and the other is from Sea World in the Dolphin show (I'll add that picture in, just for you). But other than that, you know I have the camera ... for everything.

One other story I want to remember is the lady that stopped me in our Continental breakfast room. She said the typical, "Are all these yours? .... I don't know how you do it .... Some people are just made to be a Mom." I responded with the story of driving 26 hours to get here and that we definitely had 'our moments.' She was amazed. She said she had to drive 2 hours to get here with 2 kids and will NEVER do it again.

I guess I should have responded with something more like: Well, there may be 5 of them ... but I just reduce the level of care most parents provide. Since on the first day, I neglecting use of the sunblock which resulted in an embarassing display of red puffy faces.



1 comment:

The Bullknitter said...

Oooh, that sunburn looks sore. My kids would rather spend the day at the beach than at Disneyland too. Wish they would have told me that before I forked out mega bucks to get in to Disneyland...