Saturday, April 16, 2011

Welcome Home

So ... once a week, we experience snow day. I really don't think it's all that bad. I'm happy to hang with the snow IF the overall temperature remains mild. (not lower than -5 C). Well, I know there are *some* people who attempt to escape winter and return for spring. Here it is! Happy Spring!
This is a picture of my neighbor. I did not receive permission to share this picture.
The forcast is for us to receive 19 cm of snow by the end of Sunday (April 17th).


Welcome home! Mom and Dad! Happy Spring.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Is this the welcoming Snow you promised on our return or do we get another one!!! :-) It would not hurt my feelings if you just let this melt today and tomorrow instead.. We are fortunate enough to miss most of the winter, and have come to expect some white stuff on our return. Our only hope the plane decides to return to CR instead, but we won't be that lucky.. I will just savor the last couple of days, soak up the garden, flowers, (even the monkeys in the trees last night) and try and bring it back to life when I get home, sitting by the fire, curled up with a blanket, doing Taxes.. If it weren't that we have to do them I would stay till May 20th!! Love you, Thanks for the forewarning and welcome home! Mom

Kira said...

I would be one of those "some" people ;-) Depending how long this lasts I you might have to suffer hearing my complaining for a while longer.

The Bullknitter said...

I personally love it. I love the brilliantness of the robins breast against the white snow. I love the contrast of everyone-but-me's Mexico/Hawaii/Cuba tan against the snow as they brush their car off at the Park 'n Jet to drive home after their sunny warm vacation. I love it because I know it is so fleeting. Spring is here, yes, it may be more white than green, but it is still here and it will turn into summer. Love the pics.

Stacey said...

I'm not such a fan of the snow either! Looks like quite the amazing trip you had!!

PS, check out my blog, I'm passing along the stylish blogger award to you!