Wow, I think I need to go on vacation in order to maintain family journaling.
What could I ever have going on that would cause such a delay in updates ... well ... it often takes the form of new projects I sign up for ... and others I do not.
With 4 weeks remaining before the arrival of a new baby I thought it would be best to go through the boy clothes. And considering the 4 boys we've had I felt overwhelmed with the selection. SO, I created a minimization project. And not just for the newborn to 1 year size quota. That's never organized enough for me... SO, 0 to 5 years was completed.
Then I signed up for the community garage sale because I thought I should also unload some out-of-date wedding decor. Then I sought out household items ... and on and on. Garage sales are SO much work. I love that everything feels so organized and a particular clutter weight has been removed BUT I also have always had this fear of going to all this work for nothing. 4 years I watched neighbors participate and clear out their stuff. This was to be my courageous entrance in to the position of offical garage saler. Well, what can I say. As luck would have it ... the stars were NOT aligned and we had 5 people visit in 1.5 hours. I have no idea why 4 years in a row had a traffic jam of cars through our culdesac ... and then this year: nothing. But I have learned my lesson. NEVER again will I organize a garage sale.


So that was a big project. Then there's the little ones of:
1) starting seeds indoor in prep for our family vegetable garden

2) deciding to make 3 loaves of banana bread (on a whim)
3) a typical preparation of dinner for one evening metamorphisizes into an additional 4 frozen meals for the future
4) cleaning and more cleaning as the little people continually transport, rocks from the park, dust and dead grass into the house
5) weekly visits to the doctor - plus an extra ultrasound to confirm the babe is NOT breech - Here he is.
6) bulk grocery shopping to create stock - you think I'm joking but in the past 2 weeks I've purchsed $700 worth at Costco and $450 worth at Superstore.
7) And then, I had this crazy idea to book a 420 person event 2 days before my due date. I decided this should be the event to expand my services into special orders of 220 red roses, 60 vases, 440 votive holders, 90 helium balloons for balloon bouquets. All the while, attempting to remain composed with the thought things cannot always be scheduled perfectly. Especially baby delivery.
8) If that's not overwhelming enough then lets add with the fact that the vases and votives need to be picked up in Montana. To my benefit, I have overprotective parents that will not allow me to depart. So, they've made the romantic day trip together.
9) I re-hemmed the boys school pants because they are becoming a little long in the legs. I purchased this amazing suit for Ryan 2 year ago: which I finally hemmed for him. When people ask him if he's wearing a new suit; I don't think he really has an answer. Yes, because it's the first time he's worn it OR no because we've had it hanging in our closet for 2 years.
10) Our rental house is available again, so it's back to fielding many calls, arranging 14 showings and attempting to find a good fit.
11) I spent 2 days reading and understanding one of our little men's school assessments and then crafting a 4 page letter as to WHY he is FIT to attend the same school our other 3 boys have been offered to enroll in. It didn't work. This added unnecessary stress and substantial time in considering all the options.
12) I moved on to organized all the girl clothes too.

Monday I was feeling crappy. I caught a head cold from the little people around me ... I thought I was getting better but feel worse. I was overwhelmed with some of the major tasks left to complete in the next two weeks and the burden of 15 calls waiting responses from me .... sooo:
I caught up on grocery shopping most of the morning, finalized the last of my orders for the event next week and took registration papers for our new school (different but still good school) AND was home by 12:30 pm. I then decided Monday's meal should be another bulk creation of 3 frozen meals and a dinner. I think adding to my responsibilities somehow creates a sense of satisfaction.
My Mom says I sounded tired on the phone today. Ryan took the time to explain to her that it has nothing to do with growing a baby and more to do with "projects" I create. You must know I I don't do all this on my own ... Today Quinten and Colby were highly energetic and super irritating. Their behavior was less than desireable SO I gave them chores for the course of 30 minutes while I made dinner(s). They carried (bulk) groceries down to the basement. Oh, and in the process, Colby announces there's been an accident and the bag of brown sugar broke open. I come to find out the 'broke open' definition is a little finger poke. When I asked if he had been eating the sugar, his eyes gave the answer before he could sheepishly say, "Yes."
And the other chore was taking out the recycling. These projects kept them productive and appreciated :)
All the while, I don't want to miss out on one of my favorite and most memorable field trips. I volunteered to support Quinten and Colby's field trip to Safety City!
What could I ever have going on that would cause such a delay in updates ... well ... it often takes the form of new projects I sign up for ... and others I do not.
With 4 weeks remaining before the arrival of a new baby I thought it would be best to go through the boy clothes. And considering the 4 boys we've had I felt overwhelmed with the selection. SO, I created a minimization project. And not just for the newborn to 1 year size quota. That's never organized enough for me... SO, 0 to 5 years was completed.
Then I signed up for the community garage sale because I thought I should also unload some out-of-date wedding decor. Then I sought out household items ... and on and on. Garage sales are SO much work. I love that everything feels so organized and a particular clutter weight has been removed BUT I also have always had this fear of going to all this work for nothing. 4 years I watched neighbors participate and clear out their stuff. This was to be my courageous entrance in to the position of offical garage saler. Well, what can I say. As luck would have it ... the stars were NOT aligned and we had 5 people visit in 1.5 hours. I have no idea why 4 years in a row had a traffic jam of cars through our culdesac ... and then this year: nothing. But I have learned my lesson. NEVER again will I organize a garage sale.


So that was a big project. Then there's the little ones of:
1) starting seeds indoor in prep for our family vegetable garden

2) deciding to make 3 loaves of banana bread (on a whim)
3) a typical preparation of dinner for one evening metamorphisizes into an additional 4 frozen meals for the future
4) cleaning and more cleaning as the little people continually transport, rocks from the park, dust and dead grass into the house
5) weekly visits to the doctor - plus an extra ultrasound to confirm the babe is NOT breech - Here he is.
6) bulk grocery shopping to create stock - you think I'm joking but in the past 2 weeks I've purchsed $700 worth at Costco and $450 worth at Superstore.7) And then, I had this crazy idea to book a 420 person event 2 days before my due date. I decided this should be the event to expand my services into special orders of 220 red roses, 60 vases, 440 votive holders, 90 helium balloons for balloon bouquets. All the while, attempting to remain composed with the thought things cannot always be scheduled perfectly. Especially baby delivery.
8) If that's not overwhelming enough then lets add with the fact that the vases and votives need to be picked up in Montana. To my benefit, I have overprotective parents that will not allow me to depart. So, they've made the romantic day trip together.
9) I re-hemmed the boys school pants because they are becoming a little long in the legs. I purchased this amazing suit for Ryan 2 year ago: which I finally hemmed for him. When people ask him if he's wearing a new suit; I don't think he really has an answer. Yes, because it's the first time he's worn it OR no because we've had it hanging in our closet for 2 years.
10) Our rental house is available again, so it's back to fielding many calls, arranging 14 showings and attempting to find a good fit.
11) I spent 2 days reading and understanding one of our little men's school assessments and then crafting a 4 page letter as to WHY he is FIT to attend the same school our other 3 boys have been offered to enroll in. It didn't work. This added unnecessary stress and substantial time in considering all the options.
12) I moved on to organized all the girl clothes too.

Monday I was feeling crappy. I caught a head cold from the little people around me ... I thought I was getting better but feel worse. I was overwhelmed with some of the major tasks left to complete in the next two weeks and the burden of 15 calls waiting responses from me .... sooo:
I caught up on grocery shopping most of the morning, finalized the last of my orders for the event next week and took registration papers for our new school (different but still good school) AND was home by 12:30 pm. I then decided Monday's meal should be another bulk creation of 3 frozen meals and a dinner. I think adding to my responsibilities somehow creates a sense of satisfaction.
My Mom says I sounded tired on the phone today. Ryan took the time to explain to her that it has nothing to do with growing a baby and more to do with "projects" I create. You must know I I don't do all this on my own ... Today Quinten and Colby were highly energetic and super irritating. Their behavior was less than desireable SO I gave them chores for the course of 30 minutes while I made dinner(s). They carried (bulk) groceries down to the basement. Oh, and in the process, Colby announces there's been an accident and the bag of brown sugar broke open. I come to find out the 'broke open' definition is a little finger poke. When I asked if he had been eating the sugar, his eyes gave the answer before he could sheepishly say, "Yes."
And the other chore was taking out the recycling. These projects kept them productive and appreciated :)
All the while, I don't want to miss out on one of my favorite and most memorable field trips. I volunteered to support Quinten and Colby's field trip to Safety City!


EASTER 2011





4 comments:
Wow! I am tired just from reading everything you have been up to. You are really superwoman! Seriously, I don't know how you do it all! The pictures of your kids are adorable, as always!
you are one busy lady. I would have come to your garage sale, but today didn't work, but I was there 2 weeks ago - which is probably why traffic was less. (2 parades in 3 weeks) I would love to help you go through some girl clothes ;)
You are truly an amazing person, and I am grateful to know you.
You are crazy woman. You take on way too much!! You make me feel lazy. But you have a dishwasher, so you can get a lot more accomplished than I can. I'll use that as my excuse :). And holy smokes, Logan looks so gorwn up in that picture, like a teenager. And I was going to invite you to Olive Garden, but I knew your kids went to bed at a reasonable hour, cuz they have school everyday. Maybe we should all go when soccer is over - the staff should appreciate that :)
WOW...I am officially renaming you as SUPERMOM...I can't believe all you do with the same amount of hours in a day as me...unreal!!! You truly truly are an inspiration to me!!
Post a Comment