Mabel Lake September 2011
Of course, there were a few toys involved in this trip. As Cory arrived in his *hot* sports car.
This was the man behind the super fun, energetic and tiring beach days. If he had it his way, he would have made a purchase before this weekend.
Satisfaction came through a rental this year. Satisfaction for all that is.
And in order to have fun, we sometimes rely on extra hands. Grampa doesn't change diapers but he took many walks to have Chase fall asleep in his arms.
Now, I, the Mother of these little people was not permitted to water ski this year. Being 3 months post partum; my Mommy and Daddy said there was no way they were taking me. Soooo.... well..... if you know me......I went anyway. The first time I've ever skiied behind a boat other than my Dad's. 
There were some sore muscles and minor cases of whiplash. I have no idea why.
Oh ya, I said I could ski because I never fall. But when I was asked to try wakeboarding I had forgotten the risk of falling. That felt strange. AND I think if I didn't break a rib, then I definitely dislocated one. It was a 3 week recovery.
This is Cory. Flat out. Ha ha.
Ryan. Great Splash. He held the record for *best* wipe out.
Here is the bride. Yes, this was not the fault of the boat driver. Instead, they stacked the tube unbalanced. And so, this was the promised result.
I found out after this that she doesn't swim!! Does.Not.Know.How!
Yet she was smiling and laughing over the whole experience.

A view of the better side of things.
Derrick.
Cory
We had a few photographers. I didn't take as many pictures this time around.
Seriously, the water was the most consistently beautiful I've ever seen. Not a ripple. Not a boat wake other than our own. We used to say, now's a good time to go for a ski. This weekend: There was never a time to turn our back on the water. Ryan said there was 1 day he did notb step foot on the beach. Now, we want to do a family reunion every year. If the water can be like glass, comfortable to get into, the weather can be as hot and the toys as readily available .... then .... until next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment