Monday, March 14, 2011

B- Ball 2011

Every Friday we would travel out to see the boys put their best effort into their game. Here's Colby in warm-up. Quinten on defense. I definitely wonder what he's thinking at this exact moment. Probably something like, "I think this girl is going to crush me."

Something I will always remember is the score-keeping update Colby would provide to me. Every time someone scored he would run by my guest seat to report the updated score. Yes, he would even leave the middle of his team's play to do so. BUT most importantly, he would travel in for a high five when he himself scored.
Yes, this seems like a sport of fierce competition. But really, it's just plain fun. Sometimes the kids would have more fun than Coach even wished them to have.
I said FUN right? All I was trying to capture in this picture was Linken accepting the pass. All the while, Colby is in a skipping land all his own. Yes, that's a 5 year old in game mode.
Seasonal wrap-up always brings the Celebration of great Sportsmanship.And the test to determine if it's 'real gold.'
Fan of the year award goes to the little girl who attends the games of her 4 older brothers. Lucky for her, that only means game times for 3 teams.Yes we are a family full of support. After Quinten and Colby play, it's off to another school to cheer and support Will. See their intense level of support (and my sarcasm)?It was seriously life changing to watch Will's progression through the year. He started by sobbing (which he never does) when he found out that I had registered him for basketball. He knows his limitations and knows that others recognize it. You have to understand; Will did not even have the strength to launch the ball to the height of the hoop. I didn't even think to ask whether he wanted to play because he always seemed to enjoy it - and I like to keep the opportunities equal among the kids. We definitely felt like we needed to do something to soften the blow so Ryan volunteered to coach. That helped. But Will's own competitive spirit also played a major roll. When his fans attended, you could see the determination to impress in his face. AND then, when he was frustrated with his Dad turning in a night of coaching to attend a hockey game; Will was sure to make him regret it. He scored 3 baskets!!! The crowd went wild.
Here's Will the Jock, with his Coach.
Oh, and I probably forgot to mention Will progressed into being capable of Slam Dunking.
Finally, Coach with Logan. The picture was taken in our home because this was a the location of our basketball wind-up party and award presentation. Logan and Coach sure know how to throw a good party. 6 Large Pizzas, 12 Litres of Pop and a Pop-a-Shot Tournament.
Thanks to the Parents for all the extra goodies they brought with them.

Until next year, Happy B-Ball practicing.

3 comments:

brooke said...

Your boys are so handsome and Sadie is so beautiful! I feel like I haven't seen any of you forever, they all look so tall in these pics!

mskaz said...

Ah so cute! I love the dancing while the game is in play! That is my kinda man.

What a trooper Sadie is! I think she needs a real cheerleading outfit. I mean, how cute would that be?

Mackenzie Richards said...

So funny! I love watching kids play sports - I remember going to my brother's games and they would pass the ball to their friends on the OTHER team and cheer for them when they scored :). I like how Colby would run in for a five - so funny. And good for Will, way to stick it to 'em :)