The result: the trade show was wonderful - and - Ryan and the kids were dearly missed.
I learned that I'm more capable of proceeding through airport security with 5 kids rather than by myself. I dropped my boarding passes two times, had bags falling off my shoulders and misplaced my passport a couple of times.
I think I'll wait another 12 years to try again.
Please note, Ryan managed with no trouble at all. He attended to important Sunday meetings, coached Basketball on the Monday evening 0 visability blizzard conditions and led the Cubs Group on Tuesday evening in - 38 degree temperatures. All while juggling 5 kids, packing school lunches, driving to and from school (15 km away), supporting homework efforts, making dinner, cleaning the kitchen, folding laundry and, oh ya, maintaining his daily career. He is super. We're both glad the effort was required short term.
112 Stories above Las Vegas.
This is the Stratosphere - where the picture was taken from.
This is a picture of the Luxor Hotel. BUT really, I have a weakness for Palm Trees. LOVE them.
Mandalay Bay. My favorite building to walk through. I'm certain it was the equivalent of 10 city blocks when walking within (not fact, just certain).
Pretty lights and pretty fountains were also a highlight.
I seriously have an appreciation for amazing architecture. I cannot wrap my mind around how a New York city was crafted into one building. There's also a roller coaster winding throughout. 
I felt like a part of Back to the Future traveling on the Metro Line. Super futuristic looking.

Although I found traveling away from family difficult I was glad to have some quality time with my sister. She was the happiest I've ever seen her. She loved the trip so much that she says she's already planning her next one. That's fun to travel with. She wanted pictures with every fountain, day and night.
She was also very excited about a $10 slushy drink sold in the shape of the Stratosphere that was approximately 24" tall. A crazy price in my opinion. I promised to buy her $10 worth of slurpees here and fill them into my eiffel tower vases to create the same effect - as it seemed more cost effective and humorous. I'll take a picture if I actually do it.
I am certain this was supposed to be my flight home. Instead of taking Gate 54A I should have taken Gate 54B
The finished project. Oh, and, the bags were not my idea. Before I knew it Amanda had pocketed 4 empty bags because she insisted the kids each have their own matching bag with M&M logo. I was willing to use sandwich bags ... really!


6 comments:
Looks like a great time. The pirate show is so scandelous now right? I was in shock. It used to be so good when I was a kid.
Looks and sounds like a successful trip. Ryan is superman!
I hope Ryan got some M & M's too! Love all the pictures. I too wish Vegas was more family-friendly. Remind me to tell you our taxi story sometime...
We took the boys to Vegas a few years ago, we took them to Red Rock Canyon. It was the best $5 we spent the whole week. The boys climbed on the rocks and had a blast! I was prego with Katie so I just followed and took pictures. If you are renting a car it is worth the small drive.
Fun Jenn! I didn't know you went to Vegas. Probably because I haven't talked to you since Boxing Day. And I am totally taking you up on your slurpee idea - next time you do a wedding that orders the vases, pack a couple extra for us :)
That was Mackenzie, not Jon.
Post a Comment