A player was minorly injured today and needed to be taken off the court. Ryan called for a sub and Logan jumped up before the words could even be uttered. He loves this sport and it shows through his play. I WISH I had enjoyed it more when I played because he makes it look so fun and natural. To the other team: catch him if you can!
Sadie found a Flames Jersey in a pile of outgrown boys clothes. Well, it's often what she requests to wear. It makes her brothers proud. I was just kinda hoping she could be athletically inclined (both in interest and play) while wearing a dress. Might have to hide the boys clothes if it gets too regular.
The boys crafted their own hockey arena in the back yard. They moved snow and created a ledge to resemble the 'out of bounds' range. They spend hours back there. The picture doesn't do a justice. Ryan says I should have taken a photo from above to show it better. Next year we're going to try flooding the back yard for actual skating. You know, 'cause it sounds fun.
Arranging the hockey cheering section.
The simple minded display their enthusiasm for ice. (Quinten)
And then they share that enthusiasm. (Colby)
Okay, so she really does have mittens. But she insisted on having the matching hand covers that came with the snow suit. So I thought it would last a couple minutes and then she would ask for something allowing her to be more mobile. But.....no.

On this particular day; I was very frustrated following little people around and cleaning up after them. SO, they were assigned chores. Straight from the mouth of Colby, "This is fun!"
I have no idea how this little girl managed to sit where she is sitting and pee over by the heat vent - but some talents will remain unanswered. The puddle is difficult to pick out in this picture but it's there, none the less.
So, she's in a dress... she's telling a lengthy story about a little boy (H.F.) pretending to be a dinosaur and how she hid in a corner at church. This story went on... and on .... and on. It was rather entertaining for those listening so I decided to grab the video camera. After the lengthy dialogue was complete, I replayed it for her. She must think she's a celebrity. And that, my daughter, is a girl thing.
And then they share that enthusiasm. (Colby)
Okay, so she really does have mittens. But she insisted on having the matching hand covers that came with the snow suit. So I thought it would last a couple minutes and then she would ask for something allowing her to be more mobile. But.....no.
On this particular day; I was very frustrated following little people around and cleaning up after them. SO, they were assigned chores. Straight from the mouth of Colby, "This is fun!"
I looked over at Ryan who quickly smiles and responds to me, "You had to know this wasn't going to be a form of punishment."
Quinten had already put in his 20 minute session of washing but wanted to stick around the "fun" so he started drying.
Well, I might as well, appreciate it while it lasts.
I have no idea how this little girl managed to sit where she is sitting and pee over by the heat vent - but some talents will remain unanswered. The puddle is difficult to pick out in this picture but it's there, none the less.
So, she's in a dress... she's telling a lengthy story about a little boy (H.F.) pretending to be a dinosaur and how she hid in a corner at church. This story went on... and on .... and on. It was rather entertaining for those listening so I decided to grab the video camera. After the lengthy dialogue was complete, I replayed it for her. She must think she's a celebrity. And that, my daughter, is a girl thing.
2 comments:
What an adorable bunch you guys have there! And I think I know of the sweet little dinosaur that frightened Sadie into a corner! Ha.
Love your recaps. What a good momma you are!
Yes, that is my sweet H.F.
Post a Comment