Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Day in Vegas


This has got to be the definition of all good things. It defines all things that I love. Heat, swimming, vacation and cute. Of course, before making use of the priority items, we first, tackle the city. We explored all four floors of M&M World. And yes, as we were walking for our first time on Las Vegas Blvd. I overheard a lady commenting to her husband, "And we thought we were crazy. The have 5 kids and one on the way!" Well, if crazy is how you want to define us...then crazy we are. Oh and, 15 minutes into our walk up Tropicana Blvd. I prepare the boys that we are approaching a homeless man. As we passed, Will asked, with a very upset tone, "can we please take him to dinner?" Our M&M 3D movie experience.And the race car.While tackling Vegas we thought it would be appropriate to also take in the sights of New York City.




We attended the Shark Reef in Mandalay Bay and then returned to our hotel for an afternoon swim in the pool. Logan insisted I capture a picture of the Sword Fish. Not an easy task in a dark deep ocean-like setting.
Colby wanted a picture of the Lion Fish
Here's an opportunity to pet a Stingray. Nah, I think I'll just take pictures of all the curious people interested in doing so.
Yes, there's our curious people
Dinner at the Rainforest Cafe was appreciated but also overstimulating for Sadie. She kept asking why each animal was mad. I suppose she defines "mad" as something without a smile. I'm not certain it provided a soothing/relaxing dinner experience.
She insisted on visiting the baby elephant and giving it a "hug." She got close and re-evaluated the need for a hug. Snake and a Parrot
Mother Elephant (by Sadie's observation) Our goal was to view the Bellagio Fountain in the daylight and in the evening. We almost missed our viewing in the daylight as we caught a show while the sun was setting.I didn't know this then BUT we had the most incredible suite ever. We had been suffering from a lack of sleep and routine through our lengthy traveling. However, none of us felt like the traveling was too much ... we were finally able to conquor our 'twin factor' and Sadie's excitement by the 5th day. The 'Twin Factor' is defined as the twins always being our alarm clock. They wake promptly at 7 am no matter when they settle in to bed. Which is why they were sleeping on the pull-out sofa in the common area of our suite. But by the 5th day, we were all waiting for them to awake! That is something I should have taken a picture of. AND Sadie, she was simply suffering from a type of traveling induced insomnia. She was so excited to see and do everything that she would not settle in easily. Even for her afternoon naps in the car (like she is quite capable of doing at home). Until day 5 when we were en-route to San Diego. Everyone needs to catch-up sometime right?


The drive to San Diego was beautiful. The humidity is welcoming and a picture of the stretch hummer is just something for your viewing pleasure.
A special thanks to Amanda for accepting my emergency text and helping us arrive at our hotel in San Diego. The tension was a little high as California drivers are aggressive, we were traveling without a map and the kids were becoming squirrely. She saved the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update!! Looks like fun at M&M's and the Shark Reef.. great photos of the fish!! Love it all and I thought of you all last night so good timing for a new post!! Continued safe journey and know the next blog will be a good one!!

Christy said...

So fun!! It looks like you are having a good trip so far... Keep updating!