Don't try this at home. I'm not sure it would be approved by the health nurse but it's how I've slept all my kids. Cute and cuddled into a nursing pillow.
Chase was released from the first appointment with our doctor because he had returned to his birth weight. Chase has had the routine of sleeping 5 to 6 hours at night. Then duing the day it was naps of 4 to 5 hours. I was not concerned about the lengthy evening sleeps but wondered if the long sleeps in the days were prohibiting him from gaining weight. So I took him to weigh in and double check. At two weeks of age he weighed in (without his diaper) at 11 lbs 13 oz. over 1 pound in 1 week. Question answered. There will be no need to worry, nor wake him every 2 hours for a feeding.
4 weeks old. Happily cuddled on my side of the bed. I spent enought time this particular morning taking pictures of his features that we were late for school. Whoops.
Here's his features: His long finger nails.
More long finger nails and super cute fingers.
The lint from his blanket that collects as he holds his hands in a tight fist for the majority of the day.
Life has been SO full with events scheduled each and every day. This particular Saturday was the most of all:9 am Quinten and Colby play their final game of soccer
10 am Will plays his final game of soccer
11 am Logan plays his final game of soccer
AND Will has to be delivered to a friend's birthday party
12 pm Quinten and Colby have to be delivered to a birthday party
1 pm Pick-up Will
2 pm Pick-up Twins
3 pm Start of Will's birthday party. YAY!
4 pm Start time of Cars 2 Movie at the Theatre for Will's Birthday
6 pm Talent Show at the church which Ryan and Colby attended.
7 pm End of the Birthday Party
Will received a shiny new red bike for his Birthday. It has hand breaks which he has trouble finding the strength to squeeze so he can't stop! and it's a little tall for him.
While sitting at the dinner table Chase motions to say, "What has happened to me? Where am I and Why!?"
Uncle Derrick Hangs with Chase. He discusses how parents are too soft these days. It never hurts a baby to cry. I think he's really thought this through and he's got an action plan for their upcoming little one. YAY!
Then Chase gets fussy. I tell Derrick that Chase is new at taking a soother and isn't very good at it. Derrick works for a lengthy period of time keeping his soother in his mouth so he doesn't cry! Hmmm, I guess he's not so tough after all.
He's starting to smile! Guess who is obviously makng the connection first thing in the morning?
That would be Will.
Buddies who play together - stay together. Will adores Chase.
Not that everyone else doesn't. This is Quinten. Who knew a diaper change would be like a half time show.
ColbyOne day, Chase was laying on the floor like he is above and Logan decided to measure how long Chase is by the number of 'feet'. Logan's feet that is. He was happy to report the result had come to 3. And in conclusion he stated that Chase is equal to a Fruit by the Foot. How he knows a Fruit by the Foot is the same length as 3 of his feet, I'd rather not know. Is it accurate? I don't know that either. But it was a humorous analysis none the less.
Logan kept asking for me to take a picture of him and Chase "Chillin' " Chase doesn't look too impressed about the idea.
But he'll learn to warm up to it.
Another part of our June festivities was getting Chase over to meet Great Grandma Mathews. Sadie also met a little buddy which she had fun playing with and Mothering. Hudson is my second cousin.
But he'll learn to warm up to it.
Another part of our June festivities was getting Chase over to meet Great Grandma Mathews. Sadie also met a little buddy which she had fun playing with and Mothering. Hudson is my second cousin.






4 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture overload! so keep it up.
Mom DOES sleep!!! Didn't think it was possible!! Love the picture overload too.. Never to overloaded for me..
And I just noticed, You did this on YOUR Birthday!!! I know how long it takes to do these posts, unless you have a secret of getting it on faster.. Happy Birthday!! Just love the pictures and the comments!!
Keep the pictures and stories coming. I love the updates.
Post a Comment