Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Polka Spots

For a closer look (if you're into that kinda thing:) Click on the picture.

13 Days after Logan's event:
Quinten
















Sick Day: we didn't take any chances sending Will to school ... we were pretty sure he'd be next (if not already a carrier)








14 days later:
Colby (with the worst case)

















Will with a mild case















So your next question is likely, "What about Sadie?"
We wondered and have now confirmed that our exclusively breastfed baby (who is likely to be safe with her Mother's Immunity) is NOT 100% immune. But she is well protected. Sadie had 10 spots in total. I don't have any pictures because they were too minimal to caputre on film (and I didn't think to have the camera with me at the time I changed her diaper (where she had a spot on her upper thigh) nor when I changed her (where she had a spot in her armpit). The remaining spots could be found on her upper lip, her neck and a cluster on the top of her head (where her brothers are constantly kissing her).
Before Sadie was born: if I had been notified that my 2 month old baby would contract chicken pox I would have mildly panicked and definitely worried. But it seemed to be overly uneventful.

No comments: