So, I've been looking for a lovely shell ... a unique shell ... a large shell for 5 years.
And yesterday, Logan was standing at the water's edge when he noticed (what looked to be) a coconut. He was genuinely excited because the boys have enjoyed playing Coconut Soccer and they have requested I add Coconuts to my grocery list so they can drink the milk. BUT after further analysis he realized it was not a coconut but a shell. The same shell I have been looking for. The same shell that Grandpa said took him 62 years to find. The only difference in finding is that he had to dive down to the bottom of the ocean to retrieve while snorkling. BUT no, Logan had it handed right to him at the tender age of 8.

A proud moment for him. And everyone he shows the shell to is completely amazed. He loves the response.
By the way, it rained this evening!! The clean fresh tropical air is fantastic.
2 comments:
So cool. Great story to tell for years!
Just thought I would mention it that it was Gramma that found the shell.. both times, first time we put it back, the second time we kept it. I do suppose Grampa makes clame as he dove down to get it..
But Logans find is FABULOUS!!!!
Post a Comment