Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Just keep swimming"

Yellow puffer fish

Notice the blue-red-yellow fish in the background
I cropped a close-up if you can't

Blue Puffer FishLogan and Will LOVED snorkling and they ask every day if we can do it again.... Just waiting for low tide that fits into our day.The inspiration for the post is this puffer fish that I am certain was looking out the back of his eyeball at me as he wiggled away. All I can imagine is him singing the familiar Finding Nemo phrase, "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming"




This is Will. Anyone that knows him, understands that he sinks.

He does not have an ounce of fat on his body so he is a lead weight. He has hypotonia (low muscle tone) which prevents him from having the strength to swim.


BUT we want everyone to know Will has learned to swim! He gets tired and sometimes calls for help...but he's jumping, flipping and back flipping into the deep end of the pool and swimming across the pool. A very momentous occasion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Will! Those pictures are amazing. I love that you plan enough time for spontaneous snokeling!

The Five Jacksons said...

I love it when kids overcome and amaze! Way to go Will! Keep it up!