Saturday, January 21, 2012

He Is Perfect

We returned home from our vacation having the sadness masked by the excitement of meeting our new little buddy. We knew we had no groceries in the house so we ordered pizza and had a pizza party for the first moments with our new Cousin/Nephew. While we waited for him to arrive I used the dozen ripe bananas I had forgotten about and made 6 loaves of Banana bread. And then, he arrived. ....Introducing Declan James. He looks like he could be mine. I joked that I would be returning home to pick-up my baby. To my misfortune Derrick and Jillene are head over heels for this little guy. He's got them running, jumping, moving and shakin' just for him. It's perfect to see my tough Brother (who thought parents obssesively doted on their children) in the same predicament he used to criticize.


Will didn't waste any time. Remember when Will rubbed Jillene's belly and said, "I know what a Chase feels like and I know what a Sadie feels like ... and I think this is a Chase."

He was correct.
Sadie was basically Mother Hen for the evening.
Colby approves
Quinten celebrates.

These guys will always have your back Declan.
Your Best buddy of all takes interest in your nose.
While everyone had their visit with Declan, Chase practiced his new skill of crawling.
And he played with Auntie
A quick size comparison before Chase rolls and crushes the innocent little guy.
And a cute cuddle. Declan has been safely removed. Just.in.time.

No comments: