Saturday, January 21, 2012

If We Have To

We will try to have fun here. Our first week back found us at the lake skating. Every other year someone has tired early of our skating evening. Not this year. I guess this means we'll be back again.


Sadie . Loved . It .
I grew tired before she did. She was not happy when I said it was time to pack up.



I found a fairy outfit for $5 on clearance. I bought it for fun. So that's just another thing on our list ... but perhaps not coordinating with our climate.
We also returned home to Sadie graduating to Sunbeams. She hasn't skipped a beat.
Finally. The moment she's been waiting for. Her first day of dance.
There is nothing that intimidates this girl. She is outgoing, confident, and exciteable. She was SO excited to go to her first class. I kept reflecting on how different her and I are as little girls.



When we arrived at the Studio she quickly says, "Mom, I don't think I want to go. Um, No I'm not going."



She froze up! She was actually nervous to try something new?! Maybe we're similar after all. I told her I'd stand by the door to offer some support for the first 5 minutes. The girls were supposed to stand up (when their name was called) and do a twirl. She was reluctant but stood rather quickly. She gave her best effort at 120% for her twirl. Then she quickly sat down, smiled and totally blushed. It was sweet to see.


No comments: