Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pura Vida = Pure Life

Costa Rica is where we go to slow down. The time we spent in this beautiful country was slow in pace and grand in experience. Logan said the trip home was okay and he was feeling normal. Until driving to school the next day, he said he felt sad inside. This prompted a conversation where Colby said, "Mom, after you tucked me in last night, I cried on my pillow because we weren't in Costa Rica anymore."
We have never discussed the 'End of Vacation Blues' but I've learned it's a natural experience. Every time we book I have a term of buyers remorse due to the cost of traveling with 6 kids. During and even after, every trip I feel so rewarded by the quality family time, the simple life, the slow pace and the memories that will last a lifetime.
Thank you, once again, for a beautiful experience. Thank you to Mom and Dad for handing your Casa over to our Crew to crash. Thank you to Tori for joining us on this year's journey. We had our game faces to ensure no minute was wasted. This gave us a really enriched experience. He's the Grand Finale to Costa Rica 2011/2012 Zippidy-Do-Dah! Guess what we are about to do! Ryan has been talking about this for YEARS. I've always said, there's a time and season for everthing. When we travel with 4 children under the age of 6 we are not going to make it Zip-Lining. But this year, was his year! Mainly because the Zip Lining came to us with Pura Adventura established 15 minutes up the road.
Logan and I were terribly nervous. I kept thinking about what Costa Rican safety code might look like. I had made a couple remarks about hoping I lived through this experience. I might have said a little too much because when I returned and walked in to help Sadie in the bathroom she surprisingly and matter of factly responds, "Hi Mom. You're Back? I thought you were dead."
That was weird. Obviously Quinten and Colby had been plugging her with thoughts while I was gone. But she took the news rather business woman-like.








Logan was nervous at first, but with everything we push him to do, he's always glad he went.
Ryan would wait until the last minute to slow down. Seriously, the very last minute. It was SO funny to watch him come barreling in and the little Costa Rican Young Men dancing around attempting to slow him down. He was like the bowling ball to the Costa Rica Pins waiting to receive him.
Here's a look at some of our views.

There were 11 lines to travel.

Some of the less intimidating lines Will was able to navigate on his own. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of him on his own.
Tori, "Why are you so beautiful?" If you don't answer the first time, those young men are going to keep asking you between every line.
Here's the crew. They were fun. What a great job.








I will never forget the cattle truck loading us up, climbing a mountian and making a terrible shift to first gear where I was sure we were going to stall out and roll backwards. Also these guys sitting on the top rails and taking the bumps and turns with no worries. I think we picked up a hitch hiker along the way AND I loved the fact that of all the times avaiable to take the Canopy Tour, we connected with Doug and his family. (Doug was Mom and Dad's General Contractor for their Casa).
An all-round great morning. Thursday 10:30 am until 1 pm.
Back to the Ocean The boys really got into body boarding this year. We did an entire day at the beach on Friday. And finished with a late lunch at Lola's on the beach. It was a perfect arrangement as we ordered smooties to coordinate with lunch. Our only mistake was going late enough that everyone was tired and short of patience. I still loved the day though. We have never experienced Jelly Fish in past trips but this year we sure did. Logan and Quinten got the worst of them. Logan's sting was small and really hurt him. Quinten's was huge and he didn't feel it at all. I'm not sure if his rash guard protected him from the sting but it sure didn't protect against the large vein like line running up his arm. The red vein like line actually continued all the way to his armpit. We didn't realize that until after we took the picture.


Will catching an amazing wave. We enjoyed sand play. The background colors of this exhibit are colors of the flowers from my previous flower exhibit posted. All except for the lime green. I wanted to post that because I love the color. The little man behind the crime of tipping Gramma and Grampa's garbage over a handful of times. This boy really can motor around in this walker. Our crazy snorkling lady. I'm thinking we're quite a sight to the local Costa Rican on the left of this picture. Another day, another ice cream. Yum. Yum. Sadie took the responsibility of filling up sand for Tori to take home. These are her cute markings in the sand from digging it up. It looks like a bird.

Precious Moments. Big Brother and Little Sister. We could be home building Snow Men. Well not really because they are experiencing record warm weather temperatures. BUT Quinten developed the Sand Man. Much more fun.






Colby thought that was a good idea too.





Ode to







My gift to you: (your favorite)






A Super Aunt spending quality time playing like one of the kids. She's not afraid to get down and sandy.






Or pull a few muscles sending Sadie soaring.







Great form!





Or making fun in the sand with a challenging game of Hang Man








And more soaring.






As always, we finish our vacation with a sunset experience.







Sadie and Tori


















Sadie and Mommy
























The boys came down to the beach and picked us up. We then drove along the coastline from sunset to almost dark. (A matter of 20 minutes). Thanks again to Jorge.
Chase's first flight was a walk in the park. He continues to impress us with his easy going personality and super smiley disposition. Happy First Vacation Little Buddy.





In Houston after a fun Overnight stay with Cousins.





Our traveling crew.





1 comment:

Kira said...

I think that you should make the jelly fish its own post.