Sunday, January 13, 2013

Will's Basketball

Will is doing excellent with basketball. He has a number of loyal fans that are quick to share good news stories of amazing plays. Will is often Point Guard and says he has a goal to score one basket every game. I think he has accomplished his goal for every game but one.
We're pretty proud of him. He may be vertically challenged but he uses unique techniques to succeed.
If Will has one weakness - it is that he sometimes doesn't see the full picture and misses players standing open. I had a clear conversation with him that went like this, "Will, I understand you have an amazing talent on the court BUT no basketball game has ever been won with 1 player. You need to see your teammates and pass the ball more often!" at this point, Will displayed signs of recognition all while also glowing. I imagine he was saying to himself, "So you agree. I am amazing!"
I love his confidence. It's like having optimism amidst challenge.





No comments: